Summer 2021 COVID-19 Updates
Updated March 10, 2021
Can’t Wait for Summer 2021!
We are so excited to get back to camp this summer! We are planning daily how to provide the best camp experience while following important safety protocols for Covid-19.
So you ask – What will camp be like in 2021?
Of course, no one knows exactly what camp will look like, but based on the experiences of camps that ran in 2020, and current youth programming, we are building a program plan for 2021.
This plan will likely include:
- Negative Covid test before arrival and testing again on the 5th day of each session
- Requesting staff and campers to limit outside household interactions as much as possible in the 7-10 days leading up to camp
- Masking at the beginning of camp
- More small group/cohort activities
- Campers will not mask in their small group/dorm room
- Eating outdoors as much as possible
- Limited travel off-site
- Structured “Kiss & Go” camper drop-off, if needed, campers will be allowed to fly into Portland International Jetport
As the State of Maine, Maine CDC & American Camp Association create additional guidelines for summer camps throughout the spring, we will update, refine and expand our protocols. Enrolled families will receive updates throughout the spring.
- We will (as always) make the physical and emotional health of our campers and staff our highest priority.
- We will (as always) utilize every opportunity to be outside experiencing the singular experience of being in Maine in the summer.
- We will provide a community of caring and support for our campers and staff when they return to us after experiencing a year unlike any other.
- We will meticulously follow all recommended COVID-19 protocols provided by the State of Maine, Centers for Disease Control and American Camp Association.
- We will (as always) have fun, be silly, try new things and connect with our friends!
This page will be updated as we optimize our guidelines and plans to make Summer 2021 the best it can be!
Camp registration is open! Please check our dates/rates page for registration and to apply. Please feel free to be in touch with our director, Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-805-4155 with any questions.